Spanish for All (anyone 16+ years)
Come join our Nature Focused, Community Builder Spanish class!
Registration opens September 1st, classes start October 2nd. Spaces are limited!
- Classes are small (between 8-12 people) to allow for everyone to participate and progress and to ensure each person is met at their level.
- We follow the Amiguitos approach making classes more active, fun, engaging and empowering than traditional Spanish classes. Comprehension and expression of vocabulary, phrases and grammatical structures will mostly be integrated within activities, such as Nature art, gardening, conversations, storytelling, games, reading, art, songs, acting out, cooking, yoga, etc.
- These classes are meant to provide you with confidence and tools for communicating with Spanish speakers. They are a fun way to practice and improve your Spanish, as well as get to know more of our interesting and fun community members!
- Classes can include some elements of Nature connection (art, hike, Nature games, yoga, sit spot, gardening, cooking), and can be held outdoors if weather permits.
- For beginner/intermediate level, the class will give you tools for basic communication. If you child goes to Los Amiguitos, it will also partially integrate what your child has been doing, in order to give you tools to understand and respond to your child and enhance everyone’s Spanish skills.
- Intermediate/advance classes integrate and expand on certain themes of interest to the group in order to build fluency and confidence in using Spanish. This class can also incorporate more activities around community building and Nature mindfulness.
- Building of a community of learners is important to allow for everyone to feel at ease with our activities, connected with each other, therefore enabling each of you to expand your learning capacities. Therefore we ask for a yearly commitment (October-May), though understand if at times you might have to miss a class or two.
- These classes are open to all, though Amiguitos families have priority.
- We also offer Yoga en español, as well as hikes and campouts geared toward all levels of Spanish, integrating mindfulness, connection with self, others and nature, exploration, and hiking.
For more information and to register, please don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org